Cowl hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Who has the better fitting steel cowl hoods?

Don't know for sure how it fits yet, but I have a key parts (keystone) one waiting to install, hopefully this weekend. I'm not expecting it to fit perfectly out of the box. but I did pay more for it than a Holley one so hopefully that's an indication or I'll feel like a chump!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me know how it fits once you have a chance to try it on please
You must be registered for see images attach
Sorry it took longer than expected to get the time to put it on.
It fits a lot better than I expected. A little lower than the fenders at the cab, but nothing a little tweaking couldn't fix. Holes were there for the light too. Overall quite happy I spent the extra money on the Keyparts/Goodmark one.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice hood, I've been kicking about the idea of a regular cowl, or a 442 style.

Was going to wait on maybe starting a thread, when I actually had the change in my pocket to scoop one up, as winter propane costs gonna be hurtin, but since you guys have been doing some hood shopping, have you by chance seen anyone still making the hurst/442 style hood? Awhile back I inquired with carolinaclassictrucks, looked like they might have one, but no luck.