Courtesy light questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just purchased an LED light pack with the color of red LEDs to match my interior; Red. the truck is a 1992 Reg cab. 5.7

The light comes in 2 strips and 3 sections per strip, but you can cut them and wire them up as more sets (Can make up to 6 different separate sets). I know these new lights require 12 volt DC and capable of 1.5A. I am wanting to wire these into how the stock lamps work.

-I was planning on having these in replacement of stock interior lights. (2 under-dash and the 1 dome light, I have a reg. cab) I would place a sections where the underdash bulbs are on both DS and PS, place 1 in the dome light, possibly 1 under the seat, and 1 behind the seat. Thinking I may also end up putting the other 2 sets in the door panels where you can store stuff in by having them in the bottom.

These lights are very bright, and going to say they are brighter even in the red color than stock white bulbs. The lights say to have to be wired into a positive fused wire, and the other to be grounded. I am fairly good with soldering and wiring so that is not much of a problem, and can easily follow wiring diagrams if I needed to find wires to splice into.

-How and where would you wire these into? All of the sections are going to be wired in a series so they work together.