courtesy/dome light flickering while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to rule out the door switches reach up under the dash and take it for a ride to see if flashing stops.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i took the glovebox out today and followed the wire from the passenger side, it runs through a really small hole behind the cupholder with a couple other wire bundles, and the wire bundles were all ontop of each other and caught, i pulled them free and put more bulbs in my dome and courtesy lights, both regular and led bulbs, we'll see tonight on my way home from work if it flickers

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I can guarantee what it is...LEDs (often times) don't usually have the "one way diodes" because of the low amount of power they're using BUT some are just finiky like that.Search LED Diode it'll go inline the + side to prevent voltage from leading back into the circuit.If I am wrong (it's happened before) you'll need to either-run a new ground for the domeOr it's the switches.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not that, because i had regular bulbs in until now, i put both types just to test it, i drove to work, and back, and rode around for a while, even mashed on it to see if its still throttle sensitive, no flickers yet, they're funtioning fine for now, ill give it another week or so, if it stopped ill order full leds, with the clear dome light cover

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
personaly, i kinda liked the disco strobe light effect. however, i can understand it would mess with driving at night....

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeaaa, it beyond annoying, i want it fixed or ill just have no lights lol

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha yeah, i can't see for **** at night as is. besides, id end up trying to find a way to put a stripper pole in the blazer after a while..... HAHAHAHA anyhow, hope you got the issue figured out