Cordless Drills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The price may seem initially steep, but after the first few uses, you more than likely won't complain. Its that sweet. And it makes running lag bolts go in like butta...

yeah, its the best for any wood screws.

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
I like my Ridgid 18V LI-ION. It gets the job done when I need it, but I usually just use a drill press.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing worth mentioning is that although I'm a Dewalt *****. Ridgid is pretty good too, they'd probably be my second choice, from what I understand they have a lifetime guarantee on their batteries, which is awesome considering that is typically the first thing to go on a cordless drill and usually costs almost as much as a new drill. My dad uses alot of cordless Ridgid stuff and he's had a couple batteries bite the dust, all he needed to do was walk back in, and they swapped it out for a new one, no issues. thats always a good thing when you need it.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
That's how Snap-On is as well, it's harder to get to a dealer but it seems to be worth it. Owned my guns for almost 7 years and only had to have one battery replaced and they just did an over the counter swap. Their 18 volt cordless and 24 volt impact are my picks for anything you need done.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
DeWalt 36V Cordless Hammer Drill. All the drill you will ever need. I love that thing. I use it lots however. I have sided and roofed barns with it, built houses etc. I have to admit that I do long for a smaller drill at times as it weighs a lot. The 18V dewalt drill and the 18v impact drill are great. Makita and Bosch are great too. Used them all and they are decent. Don't spend $100 and you should be good. Make sure it has a steel, ratcheting chuck...

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makita FTW! Best drill I've ever used. I've had DeWalt, and snap-on in the past, but this is the winner. Had this drill for 3 years now. I have the extended life battery on mine, and it lasts forever, even doing heavy drilling (bolt in notches galore). Recharges fast! I once rolled over it with a 3500 dualie. Other than some scratches where it slid across the concrete, there was no damage. The LED makes it perfect for under dash applications where its hard to see. It's a torquey ******* for sure. I recommend this drill to anyone.

You must be registered for see images

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's abused, but loved. 1-ton truck survivor, no lie.

You must be registered for see images attach

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Dewalt & ryobi is good I just bought a porta cable set and it sucks. ZThe impact is a must have I use it more then my drill but that mainly is becuase of its size. I instal hvac system and I can fit into a lot of tight places with it. I would stay away from Craftsman they plastic gears in the chucks and your bit will come loose all the damn time.