Coolant temperatures while towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked the XTool site on Amazon. Apparently the AD20 isn't compatible with third party apps. They have a newer version, but it won't work with third party apps either. Guess I need to look around for a new OBD2 dongle.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@df2x4 has a 1996 IIRC, and I know he can tune his ECU w/ JET's DST. He may be able to report whether the 1996 ECUs support the AC on/off and aux fan on/off features that I mentioned.

Both of my trucks are '97s, but the PCMs should be similar. I'll check the Suburban tune for those parameters later today.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why don't you use freedom units?

JET DST software defaults to Celsius and to be honest I have no idea if it's even possible to change that.

EDIT - Just checked, doesn't look like it.

Last edited:

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what I have for AUX fan parameters in my Suburban tune. '97 K1500 Suburban, 5.7L/4L60E, also no AUX fan equipped from factory.

You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks for this. If I'm understanding correctly, the aux cooling fan comes on at a hair over 225º F, which is the highest temperature my Suburban reached on the trip to Richmond. It then went down to 221º after a short while. Is it fair to say that the aux fan coming on dropped the coolant temp those few degrees?