Coolant bottle question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is everyone using for their coolant bottle? your original overflow bottle? everybody i check on here looks to have the stock bottle, but i thought the LS motors require a pressurized system/sealed coolant reservoir. I got the one that came off the donor truck, and was wondering how other people went about installing it into an older truck, specifically a 1990. Or, do i even need the new bottle? Is there a special cap you can add to the existing bottle to seal it? mine just pops off. just kinda sits on there. Thanks all!

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have no idea. i've seen a few swaps on here, and it seems like they're using the stock overflow bottle. maybe the newer (96 and up, maybe) bottles are pressurized, but mounted in the same location....

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
To the OP bhburban is doing an ls swap.... Or has just completed one. Anyway you might pm him and I bet he could give you some insight on it. Also he has lots of pics of his swap in his build thread you might be able to just see what he did in one of the pics

Edit: here's his build thread on his swap

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19370

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dagen_1 - thanks anyway for the input. i love that green truck. sits so nice.

bow61509 - thanks man. actually that helped alot. it seems you only need the pressurized coolant bottle if you're going with the new style radiator that has no filler neck. now, the question is....do i want to modify the new radiator, or just use the old one? CRAP