Convert 60/40 to buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I have a 60/40 split front seat and have been kicking around the idea of two buckets instead. Is the bottom of the center console shaped around the transmission hump? Want to know how the set up works and dont want to run into an issue. Had an issue when I put RC seat in my EC, the back leg wasnt tall enough. Who has done this swap?

BubbaZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I done it..Lol i put buckets and the console out of a 94 sierra GT in my 93..Drivers side was obviously a direct bolt in..Seat fram is the same..ANd me i only attached the passenger side with two of the bolts to the floor as i knew i wouldnt keep them..Then positioned the center console in the center and the left side bolt holes lined up with the end 60 bench holes on the floor so naturally the console got the two oversized bolts.....Had i planned to keep them i would have done it right..(new proper size bolt holes plates,nuts ect ect) but it all fit well

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I put 95-98 buckets in my '92 that had the split bench. The outer brackets for both seats lined up great, on the drivers seat I had to drill holes in the seat rails to match the holes in the floor, but the width between the rails was the same. On the inside of the passenger side I had to drill holes in the floor board to match the holes in the rail.

I went with a 88-94 center console, they roughly contour to the floor, as would a 95-98 console.

Last edited:

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
It will all bolt straight up except for the passenger seat, you will need to drill two more holes for the left side of the bracket. As for the console, yes it does mold around it. After all, it was designed to sit there.