Code 28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually had to see when this last post was made....Feb, 2023... Now April and here I sit unable to say the truck is nearly done... The transmission is fubar'd ... After months of dealing with various things and guess I can say that when I got my head out of my ass, can see clearing what happened...
Let's say I dropped the pan twice... First I installed a 3-2 downshift which had been the earlier issue if you've stayed around this long or knew...
Third time I dropped the pan I installed a Auto Transmission Range Pressure switch which looked original cause the damn thing appeared to have fluid that looked little muddy ??.. Anyway, the 3-2 downshift never changed either... How do I know ? Well when you need to use a vice grip and move it back and forth and pray you don't bust the dang thing after 15/20 minutes that's how...
Remember, the whole thing was supposed to be rebuilt.... Hey you know what, I should of known better and yeah I was had... Maybe Karma will follow huh....
So anyway, found a few salvage yard who will actually warranty it cause the reason no warranty from before is they seen some dried dirt on it... OMG right!!! Imagine I now own a mud truck... lol... Yup, can't make this **** up... So anyway, I found a few and talked to one while the others we'll talk tomorrow cause it was close to closing time....
Figured I'd call a buddy, spend couple hundred bucks for a decent jack cause I'm too old and fat so you figure the rest out... Anyway, pull it out and put the salvage yard w/ a warranty transmission and see what happens... Either way, get another transmission or I get some form of credit which helps me out either way...
Guess the best thing that's come from all this would be humility.....