clutch slipping after new slave cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justav6

Reaction score
I did a search and was unable to find a similar problem. I have a 1998 Chevy C1500, 4.3 V6 5 Speed. The bleeder on my old slave cylinder began leaking so I went ahead and replaced the whole Slave Cylinder. After I installed it I went out to drive it and it slips after about 25% throttle and the first inch and a half of the clutch pedal is where the clutch engages/disengages. The clutch did not slip before the new slave cylinder, I inspected the clutch while I had the Tranny out and it still had good thickness and looked fine. I re-bled the clutch on x2 to no avail. It still slips. Any insight???

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really sure, just guessing though. Maybe the clutch/flywheel surface had some brake fluid leak onto it causing the slip?

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Sounds like it is set too tight....Not sure what it looks like, but there must be an adjustment for the rod that pushes the throwout bearing.

justav6

Reaction score
It rides on the input shaft so no rod for adjustment, I'm beginning to think there may have been fluid sprayed on the clutch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975