Clutch Pedal Sticky.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
last night it got real cold and something happened with my clutch.

when i press the pedal down the clutch works proper, but as soon as i move my foot the truck starts moving, and the pedal wont return to the top it goes about a 1/4 of the way and stops.

Any ideas? i checked the master cylinder and it was low, i filled it back up and no change, and i dont see any leaks.

this is on my 1996 F150 XL, i know its a ford but you guys give faster responses. :lol:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you may have to bleed it,it may be air bound,or worst case the slave at the trans is gone.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i haven't messed with a ford but i think that the problem is in the pedal itself. if you pull up on it does it stay up or drop back down?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on our trucks there is a pedal return spring up on the mounting bracket, I don't know if it actually does a whole lot, but I've seen a few of them broken, that might be part of the issue.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i haven't messed with a ford but i think that the problem is in the pedal itself. if you pull up on it does it stay up or drop back down?

stays up. Just went and talked to my uncle, he said the slave is probably ******. and thanks to fords AWESOME design, you have to pull the trans to do it.

in other words, its getting a new clutch as well.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
picked a great time of year to go out. hoped it was something simple.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
i hear ya. my dad had to do one on his stang, and then one day i had to do one on a prelude at work. it took me longer to find it then it did to actually change it. maybe 10 minutes haha.