Climate control goes haywire!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If both are doing it, then I doubt the harness is doing it. Either both are going bad, or whatever the harness plugs into may be going bad.

Don't know what to tell you, never run into that before.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where's that harness go to? Can I buy a new harness? Also can I replace the black piece or is that part of it?

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The little black "clip" than snaps it into place isn't that big a deal, I really doubt it will wiggle out the back of the climate control.

I honestly have no idea what it plugs into. It's going to be something that controls all the blend doors in the cabin. You're likely going to have to pull the dash to see.

I'd honestly have a easier time believing that both the units are failing, instead of the harness being a problem.

Clean your grounds first, if they start acting up, no telling what they can screw up. Aside from the ones on the (-) terminal, and on the block/pass. head, there are several grounds on the intake manifold as well, in addition to several inside the cabin.