ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Read thru this again and maybe i missed it but how much was this truck?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I got a new air filter in today, as well as Polk DB651 door speakers. Sounds much better! I also took the door handle bezels and removed the oxidation with a heat gun, they look much better! I was able to replace 3 shocks but one of the new rear ones I got was bad, so tonight I picked up a new shock, a CV axle, and a new tie rod end link. I always replace those when I change a CV axle since taking them out makes it so much easier to get the CV out anyway.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well all the shocks are on now, as well as a new CV axle and sway bar end link on the passenger side. Jeebus I hate replacing sway bar end links, thank god for crow foot wrenches. Picked up a new spare tire tonight as well.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, well we have 5 major issues to track down on this thing and some minor ones...hope to start knocking these out.

1) Transmission re-build. Dropping it off tomorrow night, so hopefully we can have a good transmission by this time next week.

2) Rain water is leaking into the cab, passenger side floorboard. Gotta track this down.

3) The hum/whine coming from somewhere. It could potentially be in the transmission, so maybe the rebuild will fix it. If not I'll go to a local shop and have it put on the rack so we can track it down.

4) Even after a new radiator I am still losing coolant and can smell it from time to time. Its a slow loss, and I'm pretty sure its the lower hose. I think when I clamped it to take it off the radiator it cracked. Looks like a new hose is in order, and while I'm in there I'm going to replace the thermostat.

5) The passenger seat is a little loose and squeaks while driving. Not a big issues but it drives me nuts! Gotta figure out why!

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2) Rain water is leaking into the cab, passenger side floorboard. Gotta track this down.

I have this too, its not alot but its leaking in. I have heard its from a gasket you have to change thats either on the firewall or down indie the gap where the windshield cowl is. I havent checked into it yet though.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
I've had 3 trucks that leaked on the passenger floor. I've been told to check the cowl area due to leaves clogging drain holes. Also a drain on the fire wall being clogged.

BIGBLAZER

Reaction score
Alright, well we have 5 major issues to track down on this thing and some minor ones...hope to start knocking these out.

1) Transmission re-build. Dropping it off tomorrow night, so hopefully we can have a good transmission by this time next week.

3) The hum/whine coming from somewhere. It could potentially be in the transmission, so maybe the rebuild will fix it. If not I'll go to a local shop and have it put on the rack so we can track it down.

4) Even after a new radiator I am still losing coolant and can smell it from time to time. Its a slow loss, and I'm pretty sure its the lower hose. I think when I clamped it to take it off the radiator it cracked. Looks like a new hose is in order, and while I'm in there I'm going to replace the thermostat.

5) The passenger seat is a little loose and squeaks while driving. Not a big issues but it drives me nuts! Gotta figure out why!

You are loosing coolant and your passenger side floor is wet? any chance the heater core could be leaking?