ChrisAU's '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I got new tie rod ends, inner and outer, and a new idler arm and bracket. I determined that the pitman arm doesn't need replacing, and luckily the alignment shop agrees with me! Getting it aligned right now! Then I'm heading off to the pick and pull for some goodies I hope!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I got new tie rod ends, inner and outer, and a new idler arm and bracket. I determined that the pitman arm doesn't need replacing, and luckily the alignment shop agrees with me! Getting it aligned right now! Then I'm heading off to the pick and pull for some goodies I hope!

I like that determination! :D Good luck at the pick an pull....

Studio54

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wait...your shock has a spring coil?

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yep, not sure what brand they are but they ride good. They are only on the rear.

I got it aligned today, also charged my A/C. I'm gonna replaced the compressor in the spring, but for now I'll just charge it since its getting cool out. Tonight me and a buddy are gonna tackle the fuel pump then I'm dropping it off at the transmission place for them to do the valve body work so hopefully it will all be squared away soon!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, got the TRE's and idler arm and bracket done, got it aligned, and tonight we did the fuel pump. Some pics below! I then dropped it off at the transmission place, hope to have it back tomorrow night!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you decided to pull the bed. Did it give you any trouble?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Not at all. 3 bolts on the filler, 8 on the bed, two grounds, and a few plugs to unplug. The taillights don't have to come out, but we did them anyway before we knew.