Chevyman0191's Build Thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well.. couldn't wait any longer so for an update am going to order new wheels and tires tomorrow, when they get in and installed will for sure post pictures.

:rocking: good choices :waytogo:

dont get me wrong i love that size and all but its a 9 inch wide wheel which is wider than i want since am not planning on doing fender flares. And also not many tire choices in 305/70/R17 it seems... how you like your classic locks? are they 16x8?

Ya pretty limited selection in that size...

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
I love the way they look! But for what I do with my truck there not the best for me. They are hard to keep clean when you always in the mud, and the mud cakes up in the bead locks. So I love and hate them. Lol. I honestly wish I had the regular Classic II's. just remember they're alot of work to clean but the look is worth it!!!!

i love the looks too, decided to go with the regular classics but the classic III. I agree on the looks always been one my favorite wheels.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
alright guys a little update, got them ordered and will get them tomorrow...after sitting and talking to the guy at the off road shop we changed the setup a little bit... instead of going with 16x8 with 305/70/r16 mtzs am going to be doing a 17x9 and 33x12.50xr17 mtzs.... hes telling me itll hang out the fenders an inch because of the offset as long it not more than that ill be happy guess were see. thoughts?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm glad they will stick past the fenders... one of the best looks on these trucks...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alright guys a little update, got them ordered and will get them tomorrow...after sitting and talking to the guy at the off road shop we changed the setup a little bit... instead of going with 16x8 with 305/70/r16 mtzs am going to be doing a 17x9 and 33x12.50xr17 mtzs.... hes telling me itll hang out the fenders an inch because of the offset as long it not more than that ill be happy guess were see. thoughts?

Did they tell you the offset or backspace on the rims? Probably going to look just like mine...

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Did they tell you the offset or backspace on the rims? Probably going to look just like mine...

all he told me is 4.5 backspace...never heard offset but i will find out tomorrow... im figuring that but i told him i don't want it no more than a inch so i hope he chooses the right off set. I know whatever offset he was wanting to set me up with he couldn't get in a 16x8 only a 16x10 which was too wide. by looking at the website ima guess -12 mm of offset.....what are yours?

edit: looked looks like you have 4.75 of backspace. how much difference would there be?

Last edited: