Chevrolet Silverado DLX 1998 - Argentina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomas Eguren

Reaction score
Very nice.

Is the seat upholstery original?

I had never heard of MWM befroe now. I see it's part of International, but has it's roots in Germany: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MWM_International_Motores

Hi! Yes, the seat upholstery is the original, but it has a cover to prevent damage and dirt.

The mirrors look a little different.

What years was this body style available?
Were there GMC versions as well?

Your English is way better than my Spanish, so don't worry about it!!

This body style was available from 1997 to 2001/2002, previosly was comercialized the Chevrolet D20 in the full-size segment, and then, no more Chevys full-size in Argentina, the pick-up segment actually is compound with medium-size pick-ups (our S10 = your Colorado), Ford Ranger, VW Amarok, Toyota Hilux (this last one the most sold), etc.
The only full-size pick-up that was marketed in recent times was the Dodge Ram, last year comes the Ford F150 and Silverado's return has been promised for a long time, first for this year and now it is postponed for next year.

No, here all was comercilized under Chevrolet here, there are some GMC and Silverado C/K 1500-2500 but they are imported and very few in the country.

With respect to my english, google helps a bit! :)

Hola Hermano !!! Greetings form Italy . I think the engine is a diesel unit , isn't it? How many horse power?

Buon giorno! Si! la mayoria de las Silverado vinieron con motorizaciones Diesel, un Maxion S4 aspirado 4.1L con 88hp y con este MWM 6.07T turbo con 167hp, hay unas muy pocas con motor Chevy 4.1MPFI (que es un 250 con inyección electronica) a nafta (gasoline)

Bienvenido! Muy bonita camioneta!

Yes, I believe that's a diesel. In-line 6 if I remember correctly?

Hola! Muchisimas gracias! Si, es un diesel 6 cilindros en linea.

Tomas Eguren

Reaction score
Great looking truck. Those tail lights, are they still available? I have '97 Suburban based in Europe and the annual safety test is always a challenge due to the red turn signals. These would cure the issue!

Hi thanks!
Yes, these headlights are still being manufactured, they are ARTEB brand and manufactured in Brazil, I do not know any page through which you can buy them here in South America.
In Argentina, the cost of a pair of original taillights costs approximately $ 350 USD.
And I think it would be a good option to solve the problems caused by red turn signals for you in the checks, here in Argentina exactly the same thing happens.