Chatbox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if there has been a thread on this in the past, but ever since ive joined i was always curious? A few other forums im on all have chatboxes and this forum doesnt. Any reason? maybe a future possibility? then people dont have to post in a thread, instead can post in the chatbox?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
imo, I want to keep this place as far from fb as possible...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
not talking about small single chatboxes, im talking like gmfs chatbox

oh, I thought you meant like what gmtruckclub has... I don't even know what gmfs uses, I have 3 posts over there

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's the chat thread

yea but im curious as to why theres no chat box instead you have to post in a thread, i just figured a chat box is more convenient, due to the fact you dont have to keep opening a thread and refreshing and the reply time would be quicker with the chatbox thats all...

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that has been brought up in the past but I don't think it'll happen real soon. it'd be a good amount of work to get it up and going, and it would detract from actual posting, and having physical postings which can be stored, archived, linked, and searched is what help keep the forum growing (ranking in search engines, backlinks, etc). the forums that have the chat box are usually very large and well established, but we're still fairly small and trying to grow.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think that has been brought up in the past but I don't think it'll happen real soon. it'd be a good amount of work to get it up and going, and it would detract from actual posting, and having physical postings which can be stored, archived, linked, and searched is what help keep the forum growing (ranking in search engines, backlinks, etc). the forums that have the chat box are usually very large and well established, but we're still fairly small and trying to grow.

Yep that is the reason for not having the chatbox. I have installed in on a few other boards and it just bring activity down in the forums.