can someone identify this circuit (picture included)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 2 door tahoe 4x4. I need to know what these terminals (circuit) is for. Im referring to the NAT and BLK empty terminals. BLK is hot at all times while NAT is hot in RUN only. I'm looking for a location to hook up a switched 12V wire for fog lights. This is the only location on the truck that has a spare terminal that is NOT hot at all times.

This circuit block is under the dash just to the right of the parking brake.

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is from alldata for a 1998 K1500, maybe it will help.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I wish I had a print out of all the diagrams for my truck. Stuff comes in so handy when doing work.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
That would be a good place to pull fire from to use for your trigger wire on a fog light relay, but don't hook the load here, it'll burn up your ignition switch.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would be a good place to pull fire from to use for your trigger wire on a fog light relay, but don't hook the load here, it'll burn up your ignition switch.

It looks like there is a spot for a factory fog light relay in the lower left corner.

Would he be able to duplicate a factory setup from a 2000 Limited or Z71 Tahoe instead?

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I wish I had a print out of all the diagrams for my truck. Stuff comes in so handy when doing work.

Alldatadiy.com has most of the wiring diagrams and FSM repair procedures for about $25 for an annual subscription. You might take a look at it.