CAL TREND SEAT COVERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any first-hand experience using this company's seat covers? I am looking to purchase a set of fronts for my 96 YUKON. In particular, I am opting for the "I Can't Believe It's Not Leather" Seat Covers in the red/black configuration shown. They even make them to exactly match my truck's seat configuration. An online retailer currently has them for under $230.00 with discounts and FREE shipping. I read the various reviews on the retailer's site specific to GM trucks and they were mostly positive. I just thought I'd put the feelers out there before I make the plunge... http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/75A4353A0A0.aspx

Thanks!

Attachments

• CALTREND_RED_BLACK_COVERS.jpg
    CALTREND_RED_BLACK_COVERS.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Well, I ended up ordering these. So when I do install them I'll report back here with the results along with before and after photos of the conversion.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking forward to your impressions of these. I've been looking at a tan set for my 93 K1500 Blazer

Reaction score
Well, I finally received and installed the seat covers that I ordered and I am very pleased how they turned out. I took a series of before and after photos to document the install. They turned out better than I expected. As you can see the old seat covers that came with my truck were very inadequate to say the least, but looking the condition of driver side bottom I can see why the previous owner tried to cover them up. The instructions for the covers are very vague not that that really matters if you have the sense to work on your own truck. I decided to remove the seats from the truck although not required. This made the job much easier to tidy up the install not to mention thoroughly clean and vacuum the exposed areas. I trimmed the tear in the drivers side cover and foam, and spray glued in a thin patch of foam so it wouldn't create a sink-spot in the new install. The covers fit fairly tight in so far as covers go. The only thing I wish was that I could have made my own cutouts for the seat switches so they would install on top of the cover.-like the factory. However this would have required a reinforced backing to these areas, and more difficulty for the average consumer's ability plus, these are seat covers after all... One definite improvement would be for the manufacturer to place a Velcro closure at the bottom of the headrest cover, When installed the bottom hangs loose ruining the appearance. I solved that by using 3 safety pins on each side to cinch that problem up The rear map pockets are a definite improvement over the ugly netted and stretched-out factory ones. At $230.00 (price I paid) I think they bring on a whole new look to my truck even though the red doesn't exactly match the burgundy interior, but I realized that before I ordered them anyway. They do make other two-tone colors probably better suited to match other GM interior colors. I would defiantly recommend this brand and model seat cover and would buy again. -Mike

You must be registered for see images attach