Brakes intermittently not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vehical info1997 ecsb 5.0 auto. 4x4 6in lift running 35's
So over the last couple days of making 1.25 mile trips down the street to my storage unit I have had the breaks act up. I will be coming to a stop light and all of the sudden I have no breaks for about 2 seconds. Then all of the sudden it comes back. It is like the abs kicks in. Its not the ABS though. I have had my abs kick in before and I know the difference. Because my pedal vibrates. i haven't had a chance to pull anything apart due to me moving this week.

I'm just trying to get some of your thoughts and see what you guys would suggest on a place to start looking. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had this issue on our 99 silverado it is the speed sensor (ABS) at one of the wheels one or both are getting an erratic signal when that happens.I may not throw a code yet but if you can get it scanned for pending codes it may show which sensor is acting up

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have my abs fuse pulled and it still does it. Another thing I noticed is that one in a while I have a normal pedal for about half my stopping then my pedal goes most of the way to the floor. I'm thinking my back breaks are out of adjustment. But that is only part of the issue. I tried backing up and slamming on my breaks to make them self adjust but that didn't do anything.