Brake Rotor and Pad Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
(Originally posted at tyf.com copied and pasted here)

Im thinking of upgrading to the 3/4 ton calipers... but im not sure if the upgrade applies to 2wd tahoes as well... I see it on tons of 4x4... Also will I have 2 run 3/4 ton pads or stay with 1/2 ton pads..? I just gotta get all this for the right price and ill be in business...

So heres the math:
3/4 calipers+ powerslot rotors+ pads?+ SS brake lines =
stop on a dime wit 9cents change

I appreciate any feed back...

UPDATE!!!!
Ok so first off I didnt go with the powerslots bcuz I could bare spending $160 ea. on rotors, and the SS brake lines I read somewhere (i think by sunlitcomet or 99yukon) that they didnt make much differance at all so decided to hold off...

You must be registered for see images attach

R1 concepts Drilled and slotted rotors/ 3/4 ton brake calipers/ Hawk high performance 1/2 ton pads

I couldnt b happier with the Hawk pads smooth braking and very low brake dust

Amazon caliper 3500 express GVW 8600 caliper, I painted red
. And my stock caliper (since Im a dumbass I didnt realize My Limited came factory with 3500 calipers (police package) and stupid rockauto sent me 1500 calipers)

Rotors installed without a hitch

Everything installed... Great stopping power now and very noticable difference... I am very happy with the install...

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats nice man. Me personlly i would of waited on the 3500 calipers but it still looks good. IF only it wasnt so much for a rear disc conversion kit i would have pics on here as well SIGH just waiting on my money to multiply sucks.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so there's no difference in the calipers you got? they are both 1/2 ton or what? I don't see any visual difference.

I thought if you want 3/4 calipers you'd need to go 3/4 ton pads, and rotor. and maybe other stuff?

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe its the diameter of the piston that is the difference. Same mounts but more pressure on the pad. They didnt have the dual or quad piston calipers on the heavier trucks like they do today.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes super silvi is correct... The 3/4 ton calipers have larger pistons which increases pressure... This can b done with stock 1/2 ton rotors and pads... But 3/4 ton pads can b used but need to be modified (grinned down in back)

P.s. There's a guy 96procomp at tyf.com selling a rear disc conversion I think $350...

Last edited: