Brake Pedal - no travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all

I may be going crazy(er) but I need the forum knowledge: I have a 92 RCSB 2wd About a year ago I upgraded all the brakes: Baer 2-piston front calipers (basically C5 Vette calipers) with 13" rotors and their rear disc conversion with single piston calipers.

They had been zero issue for me until now. Yesterday I had to replace a coil spring isolator because of a nasty squeak. While I was in there I replaced control arm bushings, etc. Point is I puled the caliper off to get it out of the way. I put everything back together and bled the brakes for a VERY long time.

Got in the truck and the brakes work fairly well but I SWEAR I have less pedal travel then I did before. Truck doesn't feel unsafe but just to make sure I paid a local shop to bleed the brakes again today. Even after paying them the brake pedal has very little travel before it bottoms out. Truck stops well but I feel like I had more travel pedal before. I have owned the truck for a number of years before doing the brake upgrade. And even since I did the upgrade I really feel like I remember having way more pedal travel then I do now.

So, thoughts? Did my master cylinder or perhaps booster go bad coincidentally? Is there any reason why my pedal depth has decreased or am I just misremembering .

at some point I will upgrade to a hydroboost but for now do I need a larger master cylinder?

I called Baer tech support who swore that's how it should feel and that it was designed for the stock master cylinder, prop valve etc.

I need to make a 1000 mile trip on Friday so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Um it seems good to me. Maybe they weren't bled correctly the 1st time.

Sent from ®obland!