brake bleeding problem with rear, MC bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i figured mine out, MC is fine. I found some crap to plug both lines with, and the thing was hard instantly, and stayed that way.

I plug the rear line only and it does the same, plug the front line so the rear can work and it gets soft and travels all the way down. Same when both are open to work.

I heard my prop valve rest so I may be ok now, I just have to bleed the entire system, gotta have help to do so, so it has to wait for now.
There is a reset on the proportioning valve??

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea it will reset. if you plug the front line and leave the rear hooked it you can hear it clunk and same for plugging the back and leaving the front open.

I tried to gravity bleed mine and still got nothing, going to try 2 man and if that fails I may be buying a power bleeder.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the hand vacuum pump and when I initially bleeded my brakes I had a big problem with air at the rear wheels even with a second person. I think my MC is bad due to pedal fade when stopping but not sure need to bleed them again. Hope you get it figured out as I do mine..

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Just replaced all the brakes bleed till no bubbles had a nice firm pedal while bleeding but after driving the pedal is mushy again. thinking the MC is bad or its not building enough pressure.