Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my new muffler installed, Mangaflow 11379, quiet but after a year of glass packs I'm not going to complain. I think once I delete the cats and the muffler breaks in it'll sound exactly how I want.
Got a trailer plug harness to rewire everything in the back and get away from the adapters, it's a tangled mess and I hate it.

Attachments

• PXL_20231120_150644347.jpg
    PXL_20231120_150644347.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20231121_034444164.jpg
    PXL_20231121_034444164.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 13

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've not been impressed with Magnaflow. They burn out just like glasspacks. They're mellow when they're new but that doesn't last for me.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've not been impressed with Magnaflow. They burn out just like glasspacks. They're mellow when they're new but that doesn't last for me.
This one is way mellow, I wish I had a good way to get a sound clip; but as mellow as it is when it burns out it'll be perfect. Especially with no cats. I can't definitely tell a difference between when it's cold and when the muffler is hot as strange as that is.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to do something with my exhaust, it can't stand it. And my theory of ignoring the broken manifold studs until I "do headers someday" is proving to be unlikely to last.... they are starting to leak noticeably now even when warm... ugh....

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Passenger side caliper got stuck and wore down the inside pad; I suspect that my repair I previously did failed, so it's back to a temporary fix. Pulled the pins out and greased them, slapped on a cheap set of pads and bled the brakes, hopefully I can get by on this for a few weeks. I'm still trying to scrape the money together to redo the front end, I had stuff on order but had to cancel because of a few unexpected expenses.
Oh well, such is life. I'm going to try and grab a pair of NBS knuckles next time I'm at the bone yard when I have time, I'm still in the mind set of "needs to be done, might as well upgrade"
You must be registered for see images attach

@South VA, be sure to enjoy that new shop for me while I'm still here in the dirt:Big Laugh:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Passenger side caliper got stuck and wore down the inside pad; I suspect that my repair I previously did failed, so it's back to a temporary fix. Pulled the pins out and greased them, slapped on a cheap set of pads and bled the brakes, hopefully I can get by on this for a few weeks. I'm still trying to scrape the money together to redo the front end, I had stuff on order but had to cancel because of a few unexpected expenses.
Oh well, such is life. I'm going to try and grab a pair of NBS knuckles next time I'm at the bone yard when I have time, I'm still in the mind set of "needs to be done, might as well upgrade"

@South VA, be sure to enjoy that new shop for me while I'm still here in the dirt:Big Laugh:
Probably the original brake hose? Change that as soon as you can afford it/ASAP. That's exactly what my Burb did in September 2018; replaced the hoses, calipers and pads. I think the problem on my crew cab is just dry/dirty mounting surfaces and caliper pins, but won't be able to get into it till tomorrow. Left side doesn't look bad though, we'll see what the right side looks like when I get the wheel off. And I'm working in a gravel and dirt driveway too...in front of my shop building that is full of stuff so I can't get the truck inside! Winter projects....

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yeah on the 8 lug trucks, those meaty rotors are expensive....

Last time I did mine, I got rotors cheap enough, it's just the whole pulling hubs to get to them that bothers me. When reassembling, I re-used one hub, and had to pull it again, since the run-out was excessive. I re-cleaned everything and put it back together, and the runout was much better.