Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And now for the annual thread bump so I don't forget about it.

Not **** done to the truck other than getting stuck because of bald ass BFGs and non-functioning 4x4.
But luckily I've got a big schedule change happening at work which means 3 day weekends! Maybe now I can start getting stuff knocked out?
Also, some old pics of my truck and other 400s that have been in the family because why not?
Dad's old 99 C3500, I miss this truck but his LB7 is a hoss. Dad said if this truck would've been a 4x4 he probably would have kept it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Kegan's (and my) old K1500 Suburban in it's prime, this one is still local to me; a co-worker bought it and runs the piss out of it now. He takes it to the beach, to the mountains, and everywhere in between.

And lastly, my girlfriend's old Tahoe. This thing had a few episodes, first being the rear brake lines broke, second being the entire charging system going haywire. But it was a good truck nonetheless, I wish I would have bought it but she traded it in on a Jeep Patriot.

I kind of miss the old bullet hole and no tow-mirror look

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm right behind you with getting tires. And also otherwise slacking hard on my rig like you.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one slacking. No new tires in my near future, but I did give it a good vacuum last night.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow! Another update!

So the other day I started hearing a grinding and a clunking. At first I thought "Brakes? No, they're not that old, they couldn't be worn down by now?"
Plot twist! Passenger inside pad was completely gone, all the way down to metal. Driver's side still good, and outside pad on passenger side still good, so I greased the slide pins thinking maybe they were just sticking but they're still good. Which sucks because these pads and rotors aren't that old, and the passenger side is showing real bad signs off the pads dragging.

So I guess I've got a bum caliper, goodie goodie. Well it was on the list to replace, so I guess when I tear the steering down I'll throw on a new set of calipers and brake lines like I should've done when I did rotors and hubs. Definitely going to go with a more aggressive pad too anyone got any experience with Hawk or EBC on their trucks?

While I had it apart I figured now was as good a time as any to finally replace the sway bar bushings and end-links, the bushings on the end links were long gone and rattling.

Also greased up everything the best I could, all the boots are gone or going so it's getting to be time.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've used Hawk EPS, LTS , and ceramic. The ceramic last MUCH longer with pretty much the same performance, but they're all murder on your wheels. I'm going to try the GG compound Raybestos is slinging next, but these ceramics just keep going and going.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've used Hawk EPS, LTS , and ceramic. The ceramic last MUCH longer with pretty much the same performance, but they're all murder on your wheels. I'm going to try the GG compound Raybestos is slinging next, but these ceramics just keep going and going.
Aren't the ceramics a little rough on the rotors ?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oil change day!

Ran a couple quarts of extra 10W30 I had trying to flush out some of the old oil; I was about 500 miles overdue and wanted to clean it out real nice.

Also, I love my old GM trucks, I will always love them; chances are it's all I'm probably ever going to own, GMT400 and older...

That being said; I want to strangle the engineer who put the oil filter sideways above the front driveshaft. I did such a good job keeping everything clean but the minute I got that filter spun off it was a blood oil bath.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it's retarded, my driveshaft takes a bath every time. If I were less lazy, I could bend a scrap of sheet metal to sit on top of it for draining, but so far I've always just hosed it off with carb cleaner and rotated it to keep the mess down to a dull roar.