Bonehead move... need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Blue

Reaction score
I just replaced the radiator in my '95 today. The new radiator I put on has adapter bushings for the transmission and oil cooler lines. The transmission cooler needed the adapter bushings but the oil cooler lines do not. When I undid the bushings on the oil cooler side I noticed that the bushings had an o ring on the mating surface to the radiator cooler. The oil cooler line had been leaking at the radiator so I thought maybe it was missing the O-ring. I put this o-ring on my cooler hose and put it up to the radiator. The O-ring must have been too big and it fell down inside the Oil cooler. Do you think that could cause any problems? My option would be to leave it or replace a brand new radiator. Is there a way to flush the cooler?

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might take it to a radiator shop, they could possibly pull the tanks and get the orings out.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eh, it'll be fine lol. If it was me I would pull it off and try flushing it out with a hose and some sort of a swedge that fits in the hole. Might get lucky. That failing I would take it to a radiator shop.
If you rinse it out with water be sure to blow all the water and flush it with some oil so it doesn't wind up in motor.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, that works! :lol:

mike8449

Reaction score
And I thought I was the only one that has sh*t like that happen! :rotflmao:

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest, I put the truck back together and pulled out of the garage. After that, I went back into the garage and saw the o-ring on the floor. All that worrying for nothing. Haha.
LMAO this is how it goes with me too. Spent 2 hrs making sure i didnt drop a screw in the intake, only to find it was on the ground after decided to roll the truck out of the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk