Body lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for a 1 inch, should I get a 3in block and cut it twice. Or just go with the 1 1/4? What else will I need to make this work? Like the hardware.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally would go with 2" blocks and cut them in half. With the 3" block and 2 cuts IMO it would be harder to keep all blocks the exact same height. Stay away from the 1 1/4" blocks as they are only 2" wide, you need 3" wide ones. The cab and box bolts are M12 (12mm) bolts, but I cant remember the length needed.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering what size the body bolts are so I can price some, thanks man.

As for the blocks I was gonna say 1.25 but forgot about the 2 inch part of them. If you get the 3 inch by 3 inch it's be cheaper, less blocks to buy, but as he said it's gonna be tough to make em all perfect.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some have not had to extend anything with a 3 inch, now you'd have to adjust things, like t-case and trans linkage for auto, maybe wires, or filler neck on the gas tank, bigest thing would be the fan shroud I'd bet you'd need to trim or lower it some.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bigest thing would be the fan shroud I'd bet you'd need to trim or lower it some.
That is the only thing I am not sure if it needs any trimming with a 1-1.5" lift as mine was trimmed from running a 3" body lift many years back. T-case lever adjustment is all that needed to be done to my truck.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dirtridinz71, looks like you have almost the same set up i want. only slightly more. I want the 1inch body and 4inch suspension. I was told at work by the guy that does all the lifts no matter how much i lift i will need to adjust something. this is why I ask. I got in a vehicle with a body lift that had the shift un adjusted and the indicator was not near the gear on the dash. And I don't want this on my truck. Fastenal has these bolt, how do I decide the length of them needed. I also would like to replace the mount bushing the same time I install the body lift.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No you should check it all because you might have to.

As for the thing being off sounds like it wasn't adjusted to me. On mine the steering column stays on the indicator mark like P, and then your trans stays in park and you loosen the nut by the column arm which is on the rod going to the trans, slide that rod accordingly, then snug the nut down. Only way the column indicator would be wrong was for the arm to be pulled too far down or up once the nut is tightened.