blue_92_sierra's bagged ecsb build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No kidding. If I had a lift when doing all the work to my truck like removing the transmission and taking the bed off life would have been so much simpler. You guys gotta stop having progress on your trucks because the farther you get into your builds the more expensive my build gets. Thought I was going to be fine with a 4/6 drop but now I have to bag mine I think

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
hell ya! my dad was going to get a lift in his shop but it just never panned out. :( but other than a lift hes got dam near everything i could want out there to use!
if lifts didnt cost so much or i could find a great deal on a working lift id have bought one for it myself! ive seen afew on craigslist BUT they are already torn down and on pallets and no way in hell im gonna pay that much for a lift that might not work! i want to see it working and play with it alittle and then ill help tear it down and feel much safer with my purchase!

but yes dont rush it! when i bagged the front the first side i test fited marked and cut and repeated afew dozen times to get it just right and not to much.... and well when it came to the other side i rushed it and cut out more than needed for the bag opening and also screwed up the shock mount on both the frame and LCA bolt hole. :( had to go back over it twice already to fix and tweak it to fit better... and i still need to tweak the LCA shock mount alittle more now with my rims. ill probably finally get it all tweaked out right this weekend i hope while i instal my slotted/drilled rotors. :)
needless to say take your time the first time and DO IT ONCE THE RIGHT WAY... not wrong and quick and then just have to redo it RIGHT WAY next time! :(
hell i rushed my tie rod notches as well.... needless to say i want to redo them and clean them up! they work but look ugly :(

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
hell ya! my dad was going to get a lift in his shop but it just never panned out. :( but other than a lift hes got dam near everything i could want out there to use!
if lifts didnt cost so much or i could find a great deal on a working lift id have bought one for it myself! ive seen afew on craigslist BUT they are already torn down and on pallets and no way in hell im gonna pay that much for a lift that might not work! i want to see it working and play with it alittle and then ill help tear it down and feel much safer with my purchase!

but yes dont rush it! when i bagged the front the first side i test fited marked and cut and repeated afew dozen times to get it just right and not to much.... and well when it came to the other side i rushed it and cut out more than needed for the bag opening and also screwed up the shock mount on both the frame and LCA bolt hole. :( had to go back over it twice already to fix and tweak it to fit better... and i still need to tweak the LCA shock mount alittle more now with my rims. ill probably finally get it all tweaked out right this weekend i hope while i instal my slotted/drilled rotors. :)
needless to say take your time the first time and DO IT ONCE THE RIGHT WAY... not wrong and quick and then just have to redo it RIGHT WAY next time! :(
hell i rushed my tie rod notches as well.... needless to say i want to redo them and clean them up! they work but look ugly :(

Without my dads shop and tools (he's a mechanic so he's got everything!) I would be screwed lol. I don't think I could thank the guy enough for letting me use all his tools and the lift. The lift definitely is nice I can't lie! Haha. he's really busy all the time and him giving up his lift so I could use it helps me a ton! Wish I coulda kept my shop space in the winter and my truck would have been done by now but he needed the space so I can't complain lol.

I just wanna go slow and try not to rush even though it's driving me nuts haha I just wanna see this thing on the ground! I'm hoping to have most of the front done this weekend, been really busy at work lately so haven't had much time to work on the truck :(

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Little update.. Front is all apart but I bought a new toy to make life a little easier for me, and since I doubt this will be the only truck ill bag I figured why not.. Plus I can use it for other metal work I plan on doing. Ended up getting a Miller 375 extreme plasma cutter, it'll be in on Tuesday then it's time to cut up and lay out the front. I figured it'd be better to wait and do a clean cutting job then try use a grinder or a torch and have to grind down a sloppy cut job

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Little update.. Front is all apart but I bought a new toy to make life a little easier for me, and since I doubt this will be the only truck ill bag I figured why not.. Plus I can use it for other metal work I plan on doing. Ended up getting a Miller 375 extreme plasma cutter, it'll be in on Tuesday then it's time to cut up and lay out the front. I figured it'd be better to wait and do a clean cutting job then try use a grinder or a torch and have to grind down a sloppy cut job

Must be nice lol....

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk 2

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
LOL love the plasma cutter! i bought alittle ebay sucker for mine and it works just fine! so far im very happy with it! about 300bucks i think so not horible on the ole wallet. not super impressive but works for the amount ill be using it for!
i wish i had steadier hands then i could do some fun metal projects! :(

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Quick question.. I know I have to bolt my transmission crossmember in through the side of the frame instead of the bottom to get my truck to lay hard, but what about the carrier bearing crossmember?? There's 2 rivets on each side.. I'm wondering if I should knock them out and also find a way to bolt that crossmember in from the side also, or if I will be able to just grind them down or just leave them be??

You must be registered for see images attach