Blower Vent Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itst9

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the responses. I have located the actuators and all seems to be in working order. Now for the condenser freezing up I have read a lot of possible causes.
1. condenser is plugged
2. Low pressure switch not working
3. Over charged and cutting off to high pressure. Over charge Will cause one to freeze up with a low pressure cycling switch system. The low pressure switch should open at 18-20 PSI and close at 50-55 for a GMT-400 and R-134A systems.
4. Dirt in the coil
5. Dye added to R134A will plug a system

These are just a couple reasons i have come across and dont know where to start. I am thinking pressure switches and making sure things are clean. I did have a green dye added to my freon when it was refilled. The system works but not perfect enough.

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck does that all the time. If you look up under the dash there is these little cantalevers that move your vents in the air box around and one of mine always pops off. I have to fix it like 3 times a month.... very anoying... check that out and keep us posted. Not sure if spelling is correct on cantalevers but im hopeing so.....

Sorry for adding on to an old thread, but I think one arm of my cantilever just popped off. It looks like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't remember what it looks like before, do you have a photo so I can mount it back on?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Replied in your thread as well, but here's the pic for anyone else that finds their way through this post.

Richard