Blower motor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, im going to look at buying a truck, 96 6.5. guy says HVAC will not work at all, any power level or any heat or cool... is this sounding like the blower motor or resistor? its about an hour away andi was just planning on replacing something before i even drove it home so its easy enough.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The resistor doesn't affect the highest blower setting, so if getting nothing it's probably the blower itself.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you get in there it might be worth it to go ahead and replace the resistor as well. If the motor locked up it could easily fry the resistor. I would do both as the resistor doesn't cost much.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might be that positive power connection mentioned above . I would trace the AC wires back to the point where you find power. Another test would be to run jumper from a known hot connection directly to the HVAC head or the blower motor. That would tell you what works.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe make sure that the control panel is actually plugged in...you never know what some people will do when they work on things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
These trucks eat control switches, and I've had new delco ones that didn't last that long too