Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been trying to decide what color I want the paint when I'm all done putting this thing together. I've decided on a shade very close to this one.

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a 6 1/2 bed off a chevy. Wrong color and the guys asking $500.00 but its in near perfect condition. No dents, paint looks great when clean, no scratches. It seems like a lot to pay but I don't know. If I can sell some stuff around here, I'd be able to afford it.
Any input? Is it worth it?!

I should be done with my engine/tranny swap here by say Tuesday or Wednesday by the way coming along smoothly.

It must be nice to not have rust as a truck killer there! For a rust free, dent and scratch free complete box with tailgate would run mostly from $1200-1500 here. Then again they are all picked up from the southern states too.

If it were me getting a perfect white box, the whole truck would be white after paint. Nothing looks better then a clean white, lift swb.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn maybe I should jump on it then... I'm doing this truck on a budget right now. I'm unemployed as of recently so until I sell the 2 door I'm kind of broke. Hopefully the guy still has the bed until then, if he doesn't and I can't find a better deal I might just get a flat bed or something for awhile. Truck will be done tomorrow engine/tranny wise. I guess I need to get a whole new tune from black bear tuners. I'm kinda pissed, their telling me the whole computer from a 96' truck with a vortec 5.7L is completely different from a 98' truck with the same motor and that I need to buy their service again and get another PCM!?

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Front bumper ready for the truck.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just thought I'd show yall my headache rack I plan to put on the truck when I find a good bed, and the 6x9 KC Hilites that are currently mounted on a rockratz light bar. I think I'ma get a light bar cage and mount that on top the rack...

The bracket coming out from the rack is a CB radio mast holder that I made up.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm obnoxious ha, truck won't be done till Friday. Been tedious, been building a porch/tiki bar kind of deal at the same time and its already like almost 90 every day here now.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
transmissions... bullshit had no clue 96-98 was a difference. **** sucks.
So much for using my built tranny in this truck.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been trying to decide what color I want the paint when I'm all done putting this thing together. I've decided on a shade very close to this one.

You must be registered for see images attach

too bad your arent down this way i could get the civilians on base to paint your truck with that carc paint for free lol

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So today, tranny's in. Its got 1 year on it, its a rebuilt 4L60e nothing built up or anything. Carried pretty much everything over from the tahoe mechanically. Replaced rear brake master clyinders and brake pads. Got 10 quarts of new dexcool tranny fluid. Got some fresh Valvoline Full synthetic 10W30 for the new engine. New $40.00 gaskets on the truck, their solid fit really tight and great. Left the exhaust the way it was for now, that'll change real soon as its legit rusted out, it'll either fall or I'll take it off. Swapping wheels and tires today also. Hope to get it running tonight!