Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well did the muffler > pipe > Tip. Went with a magnaflow glasspack style to a nice 3 1/2" tip coming out before the right rear. Looks great, sounded great till today when I got my P0305 code coming back on again (service engine soon). I got this light before I swapped motors, so I know its not the motor which is great ha. So its one of these problems, my solution to this problem I believe will have to wait, because I need to contact Black Bear and get my new tune then rip out the rest of the exhaust, cats resonators etc. Then hopefully the tune and removal of old nasty exhaust will rid the problem.
* Faulty coil (pack)
* Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
* Faulty fuel injector
* Burned exhaust valve
* Faulty catalytic converter(s)
* Defective computer

You must be registered for see images

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need a new Distributer the whole deal cap n rotor. I got new wires aswell. Seems like thats my problem. Truck won't even stay running anymore unless you have your foot on the gas.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I spent the rest of the day going to the pick n pull junk yard, my buddy and I found this tahoe in this first picture, with a nice grille / leather power captain seat (passanger) / and a nice dash.

I then spent the entire rest of the day pulling MY truck apart, **** was straight NASTY. You can see the new dash installed pictured here.

GOOD BYE, nasty bench seat, nasty carpet, georiga clay, stink, dirt, nasty ****, water.

So tomorrow will be the total scrub down ha. Gonna get CLEAN.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys, means alot. Interiors really coming along. Hope to god I get it running tomorrow. Decided to redo the headliner since well, it was disgusting. So I went over to the fabric store south of me and picked up 2 yards of Mossy Oak fabric.
$20.00 + some fabric headliner spray on glue which my friend gave me. Fabric is nice and thick and durable. I had enough left over to do the back panel which was also covered in a nasty carpet. Take not I didn't go over the fabric that was already their on both the pieces, I went down to the padding. So it turned out really great, nice and tight. Then I really cleaned the floors nice and good, then I test fitted my captains seat, I'll need to tap 2 holes for each side, but everything lines up and installation should be very simple. Now I just need to go find a decent drivers side power leather captains seat in tan. Easier said then done, crossing my fingers.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So big news, in 3 weeks I'll be going to Murphy North Carolina. My uncle Kevin owns a car/truck paint and body shop. Hes going to find me a bed and I'm gonna help him sand it down and paint it. So i've got 3 weeks to get the truck mechanically sound for a nice long journey. Gotta make me some Cash Money Hustle!

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man that interior was nasty! It should look great all cleaned up and right color dash with the bucket seats.

The camo headliner turned out great, any pictures of the process to do it? I like.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it was ha, I really have faith now that this truck is gonna look amazing in about a months time.
Headliner took me all day and I didn't feel like taking pictures, I took my time though. Just buy 2 yards of durable fabric and some spray on adhesive lay the headliner over a large trashcan and hold it up and start with one edge then some slowly smooth it out....
Yeah thats hard to explain, you definetley need 2 people though. Find a woman to help you ha, seriously.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Distributer today, I'm having a friend do it at 1:30pm I've never done it before and I don't want to **** it up and I really just need the truck driving. I think I'll do the bumper and grille while hes working on it.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips on the headliner, I may make it a future plan someday.

Good luck on the distributor swap, hopefully gets your truck running good. The black bumpers and grill will go real well with the truck.