Best camber & caster kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys finally time to get my alignment done and was wondering what would be the best camber and caster kit sense I don't have one and I heard it's I should get one. Thanks guys.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
If the truck has never had an alignment they will have to notch part of the control arm to allow the caster or camber keys that are on the truck from factory to move far enough to properly align it. I didn't have to get a kit, but I'm not dropped in the front.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I have an extra kit you can have for cost, or I can direct you to someone that sells the same kit as I do, except they're on ebay.

88-98: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DJM-..._Accessories&hash=item1c04b95846#ht_500wt_874

99-06: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DJM-..._Accessories&hash=item1c175aae17#ht_500wt_874

I saw 2 kinds of trucks in your sig, so didn't know which one you were needing it for.

Ps. Do realize though that ONLY a GM dealership or a shop they recognize (like Goodyear) is supposed to adjust those, and it DOES cost extra, here it's usually an extra $50 on top of the alignment price.

Last edited:

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps. Do realize though that ONLY a GM dealership or a shop they recognize (like Goodyear) is supposed to adjust those, and it DOES cost extra, here it's usually an extra $50 on top of the alignment price.

Huh? What about any other brand truck that has an upper control arm with cam alignment bolts? I don't see the difference between those and GM? Adjusting the camber should be included in the price of an alignment.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The reason they charge extra is because of the extra hour of labor they have to do to adjust the plates. The reason a GM dealership has to do it(or one of their approved shops) is because GM does not release the adjustment specs to the public. If they did, they weren't supposed to. For any other brand, I'd say check with the dealership and see if they'll give you the camber/caster adjustment specs; if they don't just hand you the specs, then they're probably not allowed to. If they do, then that's a good thing.

Also, the reason I posted those camber/caster kits, is because sometimes they didn't include them on certain trucks, and I can't say it's any certain range of years, because my 92 and 94 didn't have them. I guess just random trucks didn't get them.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know, if those alignment specifications, are in the two volume GM Service Manual set(?). As well as how to procede with the knock-outs & grinding of the A-arms, that is required.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
That's a very good question....I have those manuals and the 3rd book(tranny/xfer case)....I'm surprised I never checked, I'll do that when I get home after all this cleanup....boy am I pooped!!!

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a very good question....I have those manuals and the 3rd book(tranny/xfer case)....I'm surprised I never checked, I'll do that when I get home after all this cleanup....boy am I pooped!!!

Cool. Let us know if you find the info in the GM Manuel or not. Thanks.