Bed liner rocker panels/rust proofing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seth9199

Reaction score
So i have a 97 k2500 extended cab. Super clean and I wanna keep her that way so im wondering about doing bed liner along the rockers just under the trim line. What im wondering is how much line will i need/what brand is recommended. Id like to use aerosol but i do have a paint gun if i need it. I live in Michigan some spots have started surface rust but im gonna fix that before the bed liner. Just dont want the salt to kill my truck i also wanna under coat.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i have a 97 k2500 extended cab. Super clean and I wanna keep her that way so im wondering about doing bed liner along the rockers just under the trim line. What im wondering is how much line will i need/what brand is recommended. Id like to use aerosol but i do have a paint gun if i need it. I live in Michigan some spots have started surface rust but im gonna fix that before the bed liner. Just dont want the salt to kill my truck i also wanna under coat.
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Would you mind doing a write up?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I understand there is some foam in the rocker that traps moisture from the inside. That should be removed and cleaned thoroughly and cavity wax sprayed in there. They rust from the inside out.

seth9199

Reaction score
I understand there is some foam in the rocker that traps moisture from the inside. That should be removed and cleaned thoroughly and cavity wax sprayed in there. They rust from the inside out.
Yeah i am having that issue so i am going to cut it out and re weld over with sheet metal after i spray a very liberal amount of rust inhibitor in there. Because it has a hole in the door jam and under the truck its puffed out so since ill be down there any way im gonna fix it all up

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used Herculiner in the quart can and rolled it on the bed rails and tailgate , held up good for 12 years now.

Still needs touch-up here and there but it's not glossy anymore.

Kind of a rough finish also.

Doug in P.R.:cool:

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics

Doug in P.R.:cool:

You must be registered for see images attach

seth9199

Reaction score
Nice im going to use a rapter liner kit so i can get a much more aggressive texture. Ive got alot of patch work to do in the driver side door jam

Woodi

Reaction score
Had Line-X applied a couple weeks ago for about $650 in Oshawa. Box was in very good condition prior to the application and I wanted to keep it that way. Installed 4 tie-downs with backing plates.
Very happy with the results and seems quite durable.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
X2 on the raptor liner. Don't bother with that spray can ****, roller is ok, but the 2 part poly sprays like raptor are the best. I did my rockers on my ecsb with 2 bottles. They come in packs of 4 so you'd have plenty left over. Also comes with a cheap shutz gun so all you need is a compressor. Looks pretty nice, definitely adds protection, and I haven't noticed anything negative since I applied it. Remember, prep is key