Do the rocker panels have drain holes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeFrostiPine

Reaction score
Heya! Again, I have a 96 k1500. No rust, southern truck. The truck will always be in the south. Just wondering for fun, do the rocker panels have drain holes? My rockers have no rust both inside and out, and I confirmed it after removing those black little plug things. I plan on oil coating the insides in the future, but just curious for ease of mind, since they seem to love rotting out.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heya! Again, I have a 96 k1500. No rust, southern truck. The truck will always be in the south. Just wondering for fun, do the rocker panels have drain holes? My rockers have no rust both inside and out, and I confirmed it after removing those black little plug things. I plan on oil coating the insides in the future, but just curious for ease of mind, since they seem to love rotting out.

Yes. They are in the pinch weld

CumminsBronco

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there are drain holes. I would have thought you would have seen them when you were removing the plugs. They aren't round holes out in the open, but more like an oblong gap where the inner and outer rocker panel sheet metal meets. (As said above...in the pinch weld flange)