Bed Lighting (W/ A Few Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ooboo

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of the LED lighting I installed in the bed of my truck. It didn't take me long owning the truck to realize that the cargo light is kind of pathetic, so I wired these in. The switch I took out of dad's parts truck and with a file and a drill i cut a square out of the blank and installed the switch. Power is stolen from the cargo light, but since the LEDS only draw 2.25A, I think I'm ok. The lights are weatherproof LED light strips with 3M tape on the back that i just stuck to the bed rails.Wiring goes down the stake pockets and along the frame through a hole I drilled in the firewall. I wish now that I had gone with white instead of cool blue, but overall I'm happy.
The truck:
You must be registered for see images attach

The Switch:

The lights:

Eventually I plan on getting a tonneau cover, so this should be super handy.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
That's awesome! Thanks for the idea :deal: I will run them along the front and sides on mine... :hmm:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
You can also install LED's in the cargo light housing, here's a picture of what I put in mine with some urethane adhesive to hold them at a slight downward angle towards the box, they almost touch the outer lens.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Yours looks great, I am going to install 2 strips of led's in my topper and maybe even some under the box rail in the summer. Great idea with the cargo light switch.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are these lights the kit from LMC Truck or something you bought at a parts store and wired in?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Nice!!!! I think I just may do this to show off my notch on random cruise nights!!

Sent from the big block!