Bagging the rear on my suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NvSmonte

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new here and was wanting to bag the rear of my obs suburban but had a couple questions.

1. Do I have to move my gas tank inside the truck or can I leave it in the stock location?

2. Will i have to remove my 3rd row (not a big issue but it is nice to have)?

3. What kind of 4 link would be te best?

Any info wuld be great and pics would help alot thanks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You won't be able to run the stock tank and lay frame, but a popular swap is to use an s-10 blazer tank back there in the original location it's smaller and will allow you to lay out and be out of sight. You can build your bridge notch cover strong and mount the third seat to it minus the original small mount's and keep the seat, I am about to do the same thing on a 2dr. If you don't already know the leaf spring's on a burb are shorter than truck spring's, so I would go with a universal weld on 4 link from somehwere live AVS etc.

NvSmonte

Reaction score
I measured from my leaf spring perch to my rearend on my suburban and also on my friends 97 c1500 and its the same distance on both vehicles. So my question is do you thin I can run the rear set up that is offered from Ekstensive.com for the 88-98 c1500 and not have a problem

NvSmonte

Reaction score
Hey draggin95 what year blazer tank works for this kind of set up and do I have to make special mounting brackets

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would call EKSTENSIVE, see what Matt, or Mitch suggest.. they have been doin this stuff for years, and what they suggest should be written in stone..

matt had a burb if i remember right

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whatever you do please don't run a 2 link, on the gas tank, if it's a TBI engine then a 4.3 TBI square body blazer like a 92 or 93 and if it's a vortec then I would either mod the TBI blazer tank with a higher psi pump like a Walbro 255 or use a 4.3 vortec blazer tank.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I LOVE 2 LINKS.......

but not on something like this with a heavy rear

I had more problems with my 4 or 6 link than i ever did with my 2 links

NvSmonte

Reaction score
A buddy of mine talked me out of doing a 2 link yesterday so I am doing a triangulated 4 link and them dudes from ekstensive are not very good salesman i know they have clean builds but aint' no need to be pricks in my opinion.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who did you talk to at EKMW?

You wouldnt believe it, but their phone rings ALL day long with people just wanting help.. they are a business, and spend alot of time giving out advice to people who wont buy from them. If your buying something from them, Mitch normally will sit down and take his time with you to make sure you get the right parts

NvSmonte

Reaction score
i dont know who it was i talked to but he didnt even give me the time or day but i ordered from kp components i went with a cantilever setup for the rear i just need some days off so i can tear into it