Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slow progress is still progress.

Got the rear end basically stripped down. It will be living outside so I'm not going to clean the frame until I'm ready to start working on it.

Attachments

• 20230501_160044.jpg
    20230501_160044.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230505_145120.jpg
    20230505_145120.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 30

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working on ordering the rest of the equipment for my setup, mainly fittings.
How many check valves is recommended, one for each corner or one for each valve? I have 8 smc ½" valves.
What about water traps, I am going to have 2 5 gallon tanks, should I get one trap per tank?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this prevent a blown line to one bag from draining the entire system?
Yes it does, my RF is a leaker (I've replaced everything multiple times) an it will leak down but the other 3 will stay up. Before I did the check valve it would drain all the bags an tank pressure until the truck was on the ground. Very aggravating but I can't seem to stop it so I gave up lol. As long as I air it out when stopped it doesn't matter anyway...

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, when you are going to take the leafs off, you should jack the truck up, then support the axle independently, then once you remove the leafs you should be able to lower the truck down to where you want it to sit, is that correct or am I over simplifying this?

Also, should I cut out that section of frame for the notch beforehand? I think I saw or read that some people have used the frame laying on the axle as simulated ride height?

Any pointers at this stage would be super helpful.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can notch it with the springs in place, that way you can measure and get them centered correctly.
When you remove the springs the axle will fall until the wheels catch it, and once you lower the jack the frame will drop all the way to the ground if it's notched, or it hits the axle if it isn't.
Jack stands under the frame will make placing your links and bag brackets easier.