BadBowtie 98 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Got some electric fans, its a $700 fan i got it for $150 :cool:
You must be registered for see images
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

This is how you get you clutch fan nut off if its cross thread :lol:

Installed

After a nice cleaning off the engine bay

Some pics i took offroading

And this is yesterday i gave her a nice clay bath, look at that baby shine

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I need to colormatch my grille and get some new lights, also need to smoke my cab lights again
Thinking about this set
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLIM-XENON-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7d271c97&vxp=mtr

Also thinking about steps but i don't know how they would look
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1110122883-...:1998|Model:K1500&hash=item460be7f49b&vxp=mtr

Those lights are gonna have terrible output even with HID's. you want a fully chromed housing with a lightly smoked or completely clear lens and lens covers. The black inside the housing reflects no light at all so it just soaks it up.

http://bit.ly/1avVfFB

Something similar to this. And the HID's you usually get with ebay lights are low quality stuff. You would be better off getting the housings you want with a good set of HyPer HID's or DDM units. HyPer is pretty well known on the site here. They make great leds from my experiences and from the way Chris and mike are I wouldn't expect anything less than top shelf quality for HID's as well. I run DDM units cause I wasn't aware of HyPer at the time.

:cheers:

Tyler/T-Unit

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Those lights are gonna have terrible output even with HID's. you want a fully chromed housing with a lightly smoked or completely clear lens and lens covers. The black inside the housing reflects no light at all so it just soaks it up.

http://bit.ly/1avVfFB

Something similar to this. And the HID's you usually get with ebay lights are low quality stuff. You would be better off getting the housings you want with a good set of HyPer HID's or DDM units. HyPer is pretty well known on the site here. They make great leds from my experiences and from the way Chris and mike are I wouldn't expect anything less than top shelf quality for HID's as well. I run DDM units cause I wasn't aware of HyPer at the time.

:cheers:

Tyler/T-Unit

Hmm maybe ill just get new parking lights and get Hids from MOB

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
No way. If you want new housings go with new housings. Just see what's out there first. eBay had different styles that rotate every month or two so if you don't like what you see you just wait a lil while and check back. I have the free eBay app. It comes in handy cause I can see hundreds of results in about 20 mins and access all my lists in a jiffy. I'm not in a position to buy yet for awhile but when I search I search my year and "smoked headlights". Gets me around 200 results to filter through. Not bad. The style I posted is what I will end up buying. Just a matter of who has them when it comes time. I say colormatched your grille and then go for housings and hit up MOBS for HID's. that's just my .02 of course

Tyler/T-Unit

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Little Update
Got a light bar from Summit and Mounted 4 Kcs on it

Removed my old rusted out hitch, and undercoated most of the truck

Bedlined the Bed
Color matched the Grille

Added some White under glow to the truck, also have 8 led lights in the bed.

Next Project: Paint Mirrors, Exhaust, GM 14 bolt with 4.56 gears and N-fabs

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
With the bedliner and grille matched this has got to be the prettiest I have ever seen this truck. And the under glow is cool as shiit. I don't care what anyone says.

Tyler/T-Unit