backlit dash switches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was driving the firewood truck the other night, 1st time driving it when it's pitch dark outside. I couldn't help but notice that it was also pretty dark around the dash board. Should the HVAC and headlight switch be backlit when running/head lights are on? 1988 K2500

Last edited:

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was driving the firewood truck the other night, 1st time driving it when it's pitch dark outside. I couldn't help but notice that it was also pretty dark around the dash board. Should the HVAC and headlight switch be backlit when running/head lights are on? 1988 K2500
On the 88-94 interiors, the only interior controls that are backlit are the gauge cluster and radio controls. The HVAC controls are backlit if the truck has air conditioning and the buttons. If you have the manual (non-AC) levers for the HVAC, then it won't be lit up. Everything else on an '88 model pickup isn't backlit unfortunately.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The C60 HVAC system from '88--'94 uses three microscopic light bulbs in the HVAC head unit, to illuminate the various buttons.

I expect--but don't know--that the radio head unit uses the same light bulbs.

There seems to be no good source of replacements, although there's thirty vendors using the same photos of made-in-China incandescent (dimmable) or LED (generally NOT dimmable) replacements that don't have great reviews.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969