back-up lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mduryea88

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum stuff, but i need some help. i recently bought a 95 k2500 350 5 speed( mg5 rpo). i'm having trouble getting the back up lights to work. brakes and signals work, i replaced the switch at the trans, can't figure it out, my wiring diagrams only show me so much and i don't feel like ripping the whole truck apart. yet anyway.

mduryea88

Reaction score
thanks guys, i checked the grounds, new taillight assemblies, i guess it might be the shifter\ lever inside the trans that pushes on switch might be worn. it has 193000 miles,

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
did u get the right switch? When I changed mine,they gave me a switch with a shorter sensing stud. Hada go back fer the longer version. Not sure why there are two sizes.

mduryea88

Reaction score
i got the longer one, i brought the one that was in the truck to match up. three stores tried selling me the one for an automatic, said i brought the wrong switch.