Ardent Fabrication Autocross Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Lol! R-n-P = Rack & Pinion.
Oh duh, I shoulda known hahaha.

I try to make everything user-friendly by making things bolt-on since not everyone has access to a welder, let alone know how to weld. It's in the books so I'm hoping to make it happen soon er than later.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I can weld, but can't have a welder in my shop! Upholstery shops = DUST! One spark & it's like what happens in a sawmill. Spontaneous combustion!
...and I'm talking more than just some burnt eyebrows! Lol!

Jolm

Reaction score
This thing is sweet! This is what I want to do with mine what drop are you running roughly, I know you said you cut the front coil?

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
This thing is sweet! This is what I want to do with mine what drop are you running roughly, I know you said you cut the front coil?
I appreciate it! Oh thanks for bringing that out, I'll add it to the list.

Its roughly a 5/7 drop. Not entirely sure though since when I got it it was lifted like 2"-3" and I dont know what the stock hieght is.

Jolm

Reaction score
I appreciate it! Oh thanks for bringing that out, I'll add it to the list.

Its roughly a 5/7 drop. Not entirely sure though since when I got it it was lifted like 2"-3" and I dont know what the stock hieght is.

Alright thanks for the reply. I’m looking at kits right now and debating on 4/6. I don’t want too low but if that’s a 5/7 roughly then maybe a 4/6 would be a good choice. Not sure 3/5 is enough but earlier today I thought it might be ha. Are you running any swaybars?

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I dont ever have any problems getting over things or scraping things since the truck still has as much ground clearance as a typical car.

As for sway bars, I just have the stock front bar. Planning on using the Beltech 1 3/8" dia. Solid bar later on after stiffer front springs and coilovers.

Jolm

Reaction score
I dont ever have any problems getting over things or scraping things since the truck still has as much ground clearance as a typical car.

As for sway bars, I just have the stock front bar. Planning on using the Beltech 1 3/8" dia. Solid bar later on after stiffer front springs and coilovers.

That’s good to know. I want to be able to dive into corners without too many issues and use the truck pretty much like your videos show. I have a lowered Volkswagen truck but it’s pretty much useless for cornering or a heavy passenger, it’s all show, no go but it was an impulse purchase I guess. It’s super clean so I’m probably going to sell it, if I get enough money for it. It should be a good chunk of change to build my other truck the way I want

You must be registered for see images attach

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Big tires is what the truck likes! It'll really turn then haha. Glad you like the videos too. I actually have two more events for this month of March so theres more to come!

That's a cool VW, it is pretty clean. I'm sure you would get at least something decent for it. These GMT400 trucks are getting pretty affordable/low cost so I think you wouldn't have a hard time finding a nice one. Probably nicer than mine lol. I paid $1,800 for it 2 years ago. It's way nicer than when I first had it, that's for sure lol. I'll try to find some pics of how it was when I picked it up.

Jolm

Reaction score
Big tires is what the truck likes! It'll really turn then haha. Glad you like the videos too. I actually have two more events for this month of March so theres more to come!

That's a cool VW, it is pretty clean. I'm sure you would get at least something decent for it. These GMT400 trucks are getting pretty affordable/low cost so I think you wouldn't have a hard time finding a nice one. Probably nicer than mine lol. I paid $1,800 for it 2 years ago. It's way nicer than when I first had it, that's for sure lol. I'll try to find some pics of how it was when I picked it up.

Nice! I paid $1500 for mine and I just replaced the cam position sensor and the throttle position sensor. Now I need tires because they’re gone. Eventually I want to do a 350 and a t56 swap. I need new doors to replace the rot on the bottom and that’s pretty much all there is. Then pull it apart and paint it and swap everything over. That’ll be the last of the upgrades though, still have to figure all that out. Going for the look and handling first. Thought about putting an nv3500 manual in it with the 4.3 for now since the video I watched seems relatively easy to do. I need a third pedal lol