Anyone used this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so they want for $600 for something that only changes the shift points, line pressure, and TC lockup? why not just get EFILive or something and be able to do everything that does on the transmission (and much, much, more trans stuff), and engine tuning, and logging, and DTC control, and bidirectional engine and trans controls, and more that can be used on multiple vehicles?

I'm not a fan of these aftermarket special controllers, they can never come close to the integration, communication, and control standards from a good PCM....and usually they add another level of complexity and possible problems from losing communication in some form to the PCM which is trying to coordinate the function of all engine and transmission variables...not to mention the less-than-precise way that it changes things with a dial marked 'high' and 'low', I'd much rather input an actual pressure value or RPM value.

really a tune with any OBDII PCM will be much better than that thing. and depending on how much you want to get involved, possibly much cheaper too. really the only place that something like this would be mildly useful IMO would be late OBDI stuff, if you want to be changing the shift points and line pressure somewhat frequently (for whatever reason), since chip burning is more involved, and the control systems in OBDI were severely limited when compared to OBDII stuff...

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have built a 383 & after 22 chips & doing everything he asked me to do from Bryan at TBI Chips I decided to change the heads, cam, distributer, gears,& convert it to a carb. I did that, made a bracket for the TPS, wired in a tach signal, & used the truck PCM to controll the trans. I installed the dip switches in the DRAC module for the speedometer. It worked good like that for 18 months. No shifting or speedometer issues. I hurt the trans & have rebuilt it with all the usual stuff inside z pack, beast sunshell, 13 vain pump, boost valve, corvette servo, ect.. also installed a 2500 stall. I want to have a little more controll over my shifts & lock up. That is why I'm looking at this controller.
This is a 94 truck so it is late OBD I

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, well if you're a late OBDI, then yeah, in your case it might be worth it. I'd never recommend something like it to an OBDII truck, but I can see where it would be beneficial for a setup like yours.

if you do end up getting it, you should post up a review or something for others in a similar situation.

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still checking the reviews. I'm also looking at the TCI controller, but it doesnt have a "Y" connector for my speedometer. This one looks user freindly. You can adjust the shifts @ WOT & part throttle.