Another from TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I think some of you guys might faintly remember me from FSC. I DD a 1995 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado ECSB with two-tone indigo blue over tan paint. It has the TBI 350/5.7L, 4L60e, and 3.42 gearing. Currently the truck has about 204k miles with about 46k of those miles on the 2nd 4L60E.

A little history of the truck:
My mother bought this truck brand new back in 1995. Towards the end of 2001, she was broadsided by someone who ran a red light, which explains why the paint is in better shape on the hood and drivers side. I started driving the truck in March 2006 and hit a deer with in September. Fortunately, the truck came out with just some tiny dents and only needed a new grille and parking light. After high school, I bought the truck from my mom in May 2008 and slowly started modifying and restoring it.

The exterior is a bit rough, the paint is faded and the clear coat is peeling off everywhere on the roof, tailgate, and passenger side. There's also a bunch of scratches, chips, and dings thanks to bushes, careless **********, and whatnot. For that reason, I've held off on doing any major mods to the exterior until I address the paint. Fortunately, the interior is good shape despite a hole in the dash (thanks to my fist :nono:) and a few creaks that I just cant hunt down. The truck also runs and drives great still, especially after I installed new AC Delco plugs, Taylor wires, and an Accel cap and rotor kit last week.

Alright enough of that, here's the few mods I've done:

Exterior:
Removed the ugly Chevrolet tailgate badge, chrome fender trim, and Silverado emblems. I would also like to remove the body molding, but I can't do it considering the shape of the paint.
Colormatched the bowtie emblems on the grille and on the 1500 badges
Fresh all-chrome grille
TYC Elegante headlights and parking lights
Toshiba HIR high/low bulbs with Quad-beam relay
Tinted windows
Antenna delete

Interior:
Escalade gauge cluster
Blue LEDs in gauge cluster, HVAC controls, door switches, etc.
Cool White LEDs in dome, door, and courtesy lights

Audio:
Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X791 headunit w/Bluetooth add-on
Kicker ZX850.4 four-channel amplifier
PPI 356cs 6.5" component speakers
Diamond Audio D1 10" subwoofer in an underseat enclosure
Plenty of RAAMmat deadening in the doors

Performance: (need to work on this)
Corvette servo
Dynomax Super Turbo cat-back exhaust. I used to have a Dynomax Bullet dumped before the axle, but I got tired of having to blast a decent stereo just to drown out the noise.

I'm trying a find another truck to DD so I can actually have time to restore and mod this one. I'll likely go with a GMT800, but it would be cool to find another GMT400 that is still in excellent shape.

Finally, here's the pics, a lot of these are fairly old though:
You must be registered for see images attach

These are way old:

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

The 'vette servo is a cool mod for the ease and money. It makes a decent difference, but not really as much as I was hoping for.