another egr ? do I have the right one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see, I know on the aftermarket one that I have to send back you put on on the egr and take a center punch or chisel and make flats to hold it on the bottom of the egr.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I set my timing back the other day and it smoothd out, but I started it today and same junk and for right now the egr is blocked off I got a plate over the hole and the vac. line plugged, but everything else hooked up and got nothing. I gotta try the timing again and make sure it's tight that way it don't turn itself.

My restting the computer by unhooking the neg. batt. terminal fora minute or two, is resetting the thing casuing it to start all over and screw up or something?

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Swims,

I mailed my stocker EGR out to you during my lunch break so you should have it by Wednesday. I also included
the instructions that came with the new 1 i bought and a #42 orifice just in case that's what you need for your
old EGR. It's a freebie and postage is on me so I hope it's your fix. If not, you can toss it.

makindue

Reaction score
I'm confused as crap on my 88 k1500's egr valve, from what I seen online some sites say the gm part no. 17087196 egr is for a truck with man trans. others say auto. some say calif. emissions, but I don't think it have that not being built or from CA.

Reason I ask is because i gotta buy a new one and I want to make sure I get the right one.

The block casting numbers are from an 87-95 350 for sure, but the suffix is ve2 and I can't find it anywhere's it's not listed in anything from 88-95 although they don't have alot of 95 info. Plus the trans that was in it looked like a 2wd trans since they had a spacer to take up the slack between it and the t-case.

I found several different egr part numbers that are supposed to replace the oe part no.

If I get the wrong one though what would happen? bad idle on something? would it make much difference if it was for a man trans. instead of auto or something?

So far I came up with...

4f1014
4f2018
egv628
egr126
egr103d

the cheapest was the 103d from advance, plus it's local that way if it aint right I can return it. I already ordered one wrong one from amazon and gotta return it.

I am interested with egr126. I think for me, it is better than 103d . :hmm: But I think you have a good choice for that. :D