Annoying squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rio.H1996

Reaction score
Hey guys, my 98' k1500 is making a squeaking sound that has progressively been getting worse. It is from the front passenger side. It used to only occur when I turned the steering wheel without the truck in motion, but now it is really apparent when i go over bumps in the road. If I push down on the fender/front end of the vehicle it squeaks like no tomorrow. I used silicone grease on every place rubber/plastic appeared to be touching metal and it didnt make it any better. I'm pretty sure it's not the ball joints because they were replaced less than an year ago. This sound is really frustrating me because I've almost gotten my truck to where I want it to be at this point, but the squeaking sound is quite embarrassing whenever I'm driving around on road thats not completely flat :( anyways with that being said does anyone know how I can stop this sound or what parts to replace to prevent this from happening? Thanks guys

Reaction score
I am going to guess either shocks or swaybar bushing/end link.

Have you checked these?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My guess would be shocks. My Suburban was doing the exact same thing and that's what the problem was. Driver's side front shock had sprung a leak and was trashed.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check dem balljoints for play. I had to replace 1 after only 5k miles. Bad parts happen.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Check every pivot part. Even if they are new! If it didn't get greased properly, it will burn up really quick and make noise.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Get a helper to push the fender while you listen under the truck.

Rio.H1996

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I figured it out, it was the swaybar bushings. I had sprayed the whole thing with silicone spray with no avail but i was at the hardware store the other day and brought a cheap grease gun and after filling up the swaybar bushings and a test drive voila the sound was gone! I feel really stupid for not doing this earlier :/ Once again thanks guys! :)