Annoying exhaust leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So there is a flanged exhaust joint between the first cat and second cat that blew out the bottom Saturday morning going down the road. Today I replaced it but it still leaks I assume the flange is warped from heat over time. Not only is the leak annoying but with the gasket not being supported by the flanges in that one spot its only going to blow out again. So what is the best solution to this issue? Double gaskets possibly?

firebane

Reaction score
You know you drive a OBS when...

My truck has this stupid issue too and it keeps throwing my rear o2 sensor for a CEL ..

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a fix for this... i tried to resurface the faces of both exhaust flanges but it still leaks like a siv... three bolts in this spot makes no sense... should honestly have like 6

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Replacement converters and a catback system would fix it and would be expensive. Or have a muffler shop cut the clamp off and weld the pipe together.

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea didnt thinkabout cutting the flange off. I was going to have a flowmaster 40 put in anyway

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Good idea didnt thinkabout cutting the flange off. I was going to have a flowmaster 40 put in anyway

The only problem is if you ever have to pull the transmission. You'll have to cut the pipe off and get it rewelded.