Already carb swapped, need "smaller" inkate.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i currently have a, what i was told, 355 sbc, with double hump heads. it does have weiand team g intake and 1406 edelbrock carb. cam specs unknown, i think it has a aftermarket cam but noting extravagant.
i know i am not going to get great mpg but i need to get better than what i get. im not exactly sure what i am getting but based off what a previous vehicle was getting i am getting well under 10 mpg.

so this is my question would replacing the weiand team g intake,2800-7800 rpm, with a more factory style intake such as weiand street warrior, idle-5500 rpm, help me get a little better fuel economy. 10 mpg would be great to me. im not looking to really spend a whole lot of money as i plan to build a motor once i have steady money flow, already have intake for that, but just need some advice on some things that i could do to possibly help my fuel economy.

kinda off the topic of this post but another question is would a factory 92 distributor, cap, and rotor work on my motor. i picked up basically a full tune up out the junk yard, all bought in February found the receipts in the glove box of said truck, and was wondering what all i could use from that tune up, i.e: cap, rotor, plugs, and wires, on my current engine to eliminate any sort of issue that i could have, cause i do not know how old any of the stuff on my truck is. if not what distributor would i need to do the proper tune up.

thanks guys any help would be much appreciated.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would switch the intake and I think you should be using a HEI distributor. Too bad you don't know about the cam, it's kind of a big deal when you trying to match up parts.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Yeah the 92 tbi with esc will not work since your converted to an older HEI setup. As fa as the intake, sounds like a good idea. The team g is in too high of a powerband idle to 5500 should give you some better mpgs and more low end torque.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
The plugs will for sure, wires should, may need to trim some of the boot. Pull one off the distributor side and see if you can get it on there.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
You could post the parts you can't use on here in the classifieds section, could make a few bucks towards a tuneup on your HEI setup.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the plan down the line is to possibly convert back to tbi thats why I picked up the tune up stuff cause it was cheap and I can use it later.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk