Airbag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyGuy4000

Reaction score
So recently I took out the instrument cluster to put new dash lights in, before doing this I disconnected the battery did what I had to do and then put it all back together, but once I started the truck the airbag light was on, not to sure why as it wasn’t on before I did this, it flashes 7 times then stays a solid light, was wondering if there is anyway to fix this

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year truck? Does it have the passenger airbag switch in the dash? If so did you mess with that when you took the cluster out?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year truck? Does it have the passenger airbag switch in the dash? If so did you mess with that when you took the cluster out?
Yeah that. The connector in the dash for this is a PITA for my truck. That would be where I look first.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ChevyGuy4000

Reaction score
It’s a 1998 and yes it does have it but all I did was unplug it which I have done many times before with no issues

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a 1998 and yes it does have it but all I did was unplug it which I have done many times before with no issues
Not trying to be an ass here, but did you plug it back in correctly? That should be the only thing affected by you removing the dash and replacing it

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have disconnected it a bunch you might have a loose pin or wire in the connector too. I would take it out again and look it over. Considering that's the only part of the airbag system you touched before you started having this problem I'd be willing to bet it's something to do with that switch.

ChevyGuy4000

Reaction score
Not trying to be an ass here, but did you plug it back in correctly? That should be the only thing affected by you removing the dash and replacing it

Yea I did it works as it’s supposed to airbag off light works when the airbag is off

ChevyGuy4000

Reaction score
Took out the switch and looked everything over and everything seemed to be normal, is there a special way to reset the light in these trucks