Adding factory cab clearance lights to '96...plug and play?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadDecisions

Reaction score
Recently picked up a '96 K2500 ECLB diesel. One of my trailers is wide enough to require additional clearance lights on it, and I'd like to add the cab clearance lights to the truck.

I also have a '95 Suburban K2500 that I've been picking parts off of for various projects, that has the factory cab lights on it, that I plan to swap to the truck.

Is there a possibility that there will be factory wiring in the pickup that I will be able to plug the light harness in to, or should I plan on pulling up to the headliner area for this? I'm also planning on moving the OHC from the Suburban to the truck, as well as adding some 2-way radio speakers to the OHC that I'll need to pull wire for, but I wasn't planning on doing all that until later in the year. I'd like to get the cab lights in pronto if possible.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I believe there's a chance you could have a pigtail up there, however, you'd have to pull the headliner down a little to see for sure.