Adding another GMT400 to my collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for the crap cell picts, it was getting dark. Anyway, as some of you know I've been looking for a 6.5L to tow my trailer with. I've been picky and demanded finding a 5-speed truck. Originally I was looking for a 92-93 with the mechanical pump, but after finding this one for the price and miles I just couldn't pass it up.

It's a 99 6.5L K2500, Ex cab, Longbox, 5-speed, and has 146k on it. It's an LS model, loaded with the normal power options, grey cloth with buckets. It's been maintained well and overall is pretty darn clean. It has a few nicks and dings from being used as a normal pickup. The only real damage that I'll be trying to fix up is 2 dents in the hood corners above the hinges (like someone pushed the hood too far up).

So anyway, tomorrow I shall be picking it up as long as the stuff with the bank goes through. The truck is going to be cleaned up, and used as a towpig for the trailer.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I love the way that a 3/4 ton looks stock. it must be the fender flare/wheel/tire combination.

Looks like it will clean up well.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Alright guys, everything is said and done, and she's in my driveway.

And the stars of the show

Just drove it back from Spokane Wa to my place, got 22MPG with it going 65MPH. The truck runs great, idles nice and smooth, is quiet and builds nice power. I was enjoying myself so much that I had to move the pass mirror down to watch what puffs of smoke it had to show when getting into the throttle.

Anyway, the next step is to clean the thing up. It needs a good wash and carpet shampoo. After that comes tires, a stereo and new hood. I'm going to swap the towing mirrors off the 88 onto it, and probably pickup cablights at some point. Eventually it's going to get exhaust and a PCM tune, but overall is going to relatively tame mod-wise.